1. Separating yourself from negative people/situations is ok. In short, don’t take shit from anyone. Ever. I’ve sort of been forced to do this because of my anxiety (example: your friends are assholes and cause you to have a panic attack. So you leave.)
2. It is ok not to be ok. With anxiety, sometimes you have to accept that things suck for the moment. I’ve found that letting myself cry, be angry, or alone for a little while is healthy. (my therapist says it’s good to set a timer for 20 mintues and let yourself lay down and feel)
3. It gets better. When I heard this during my worst times I was just kindof like “no shit, but it’s not better now.” Now I see that it’s pretty awesome to look back and realize that if you keep fighting, things really do get way better. Life is never perfect (I had a panic attack today), but it’s 10x better than it used to be.
4. Shit happens. When you start going to therapy, your life doesn’t magically become perfect. Panic attacks/OCD episodes/whatever else still happen, but they do become easier to deal with.
5. You’re not alone. This blog has over 3 thousand followers (!!!). That’s insane. That’s over 3 thousand people with anxiety. There’s thousands, if not millions, of more. Anxiety affects so many people. There are so many people to talk/realte to.